update: added contact info for sending in financial support
- - - - - - - -
i'm pleased to announced that i've added deborah as an author to this blog. and as her first post we like to share something she wrote this past week to some facebook friends. enjoy:
25 things that'll blow your mind!
1) We're moving to Little Rock, Arkansas!
2) Last week (from June 17- June 21, 2009) my husband, Abraham, and I spent time at the ministry of FamilyLife in Little Rock, AR.
3) My mom, Rebecca Berghoff, took care of our 6 lovely daughters
for the time we were away.
4) My mom took our girls tent-camping
for part of that time- accompanied only by a 10-year old cousin (our oldest is 8 and our twins are 14 months); they all survived and had fun eating marshmallows and taking hikes.
5) While at FamilyLife I shook hands with both Dennis and Barbara Rainey.
6) FamilyLife hosts Weekend to Remember Conferences each year; in 2008 there were 155 Weekend to Remember Conferences with more than 87,700 people in attendance and 2,973 reported salvation decisions.
7) FamilyLife also produces a daily radio program, distributes resources to many ministry channels,has developed HomeBuilders- a Bible Study for families, has international ministries, and reaches out to orphans through Hope for Orphans.
8) In February of 2008, Abraham & I attended our 3rd WTR; it was there that we attended their staff opportunities meeting and indicated we were interested in joining their staff.
9) Staff with FamilyLife are essentially missionaries; they raise both financial and prayer support; they uproot their families and move to the foreign field of Arkansas; the focus of their ministry is "to build godly marriages and families who will change the world, one home at a time".
10) After a year
in the application process and jumping through figurative hoops we were invited to come to Little Rock to preview the ministry.
11) I spent 5 days away from my kids; I didn't change one diaper or get any food spilled on me.
12) Our time with the staff at FamilyLife was extremely affirming and validating; by the close of our time with them both Abraham and myself felt confident that this is where God wants us.
13) "We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10
14) Upon completion of this interview process, we were asked to come on staff with FamilyLife.
15) When we came home and shared the news with our kids they were all- mainly the older three- extremely excited.
16) Before we can report to work, we must attend two additional staff trainings and build a team that will come alongside us to monthly support our ministry to marriages and families.
17) The first one will be held September 12-19, 2009
in Orlando Florida.
18) During this week of training we won't even be taken to DisneyWorld.
19) The approximate cost for Abraham and me to attend these trainings total just over $6000.
20) "And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others." 2 Corinthians 9:8
21) At this point, I want to appeal to you to partner with us to meet this special need. Would you prayerfully consider giving $500, $300 or$100 to cover these expenses? (I throw out those numbers to encourage you to think big:o) Undoubtedly, we would gratefully accept any amount that you could donate.)
22) I am really excited about what God has in store for my family at this season in our lives! I know that He is a BIG
God; He already has all the details of our lives worked out!
23) If you feel that God has equipped you to help us at this time , you can send checks directly to us. (For a tax deduction, make checks out to Campus Crusade for Christ- or CCC).
24) Whether it is giving financially or simply by praying for us, know that we care about you and appreciate your interest
in our lives.
25) "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4 :19
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you have any further questions
please leave them here, email
me, or call me. I look forward to hearing from you!!
Until the whole world hears,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
if you'd like to send us financial support you can mail checks to:503 Concord Ave.
Grandview, WA 98930
make checks out to: Campus Crusade for Christ
after we get our missionary acct. # assigned we'll put it in the memo of the check and then send it in to Campus Crusade for Christ.
once we get our acct # if you'd later like to send in on going support directly we'll have an address to give.